General Education Requirements
All Business majors must meet the university general education requirements. As part of meeting the university's general education requirements, all Business majors must complete the prerequisite courses below :
|ECON 1001||Principles of Microeconomics (MOTR ECON 102)||3|
|ECON 1002||Principles of Macroeconomics (MOTR ECON 101)||3|
|MATH 1030||College Algebra (MOTR MATH 130)||3|
|MATH 1100||Basic Calculus||3|
|MATH 1105||Basic Probability and Statistics||3|
All Business majors must meet College of Business G.P.A., good standing and credit requirements as outlined in the Bulletin.
Lower Division Business Core Requirements
|ACCTNG 2400||Fundamentals of Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCTNG 2410||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS AD 2900||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|INFSYS 2800||Information Systems Concepts and Applications||3|
Upper Division Requirements
|ENGL 3120||Business Writing||3|
Upper Division Non-Business or Business Requirement
Upper Division Business Requirements
|FINANCE 3500||Financial Management||3|
|SCMA 3300||Business Analytics and Statistics||3|
|SCMA 3301||Introduction to Supply Chain Management||3|
|MGMT 3600||Management and Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT 4219||Strategic Management||3|
|MKTG 3700||Basic Marketing||3|
|A minimum of 18 additional hours of upper division approved business electives||18|
|MGMT 4220||Business Assessment Testing||0|
Emphasis Area Requirements
Marketing involves the activities needed to facilitate an exchange. This includes selling products, services, or ideas to both individual consumers and business buyers.
|MKTG 3740||Marketing Analysis||3|
|MKTG 4700||Marketing Management||3|
|Select four additional upper division courses from the following:||12|
|Management of Promotion|
|Introduction to Digital Marketing Strategies|
|Introduction to Social Media Marketing|
|Business to Business Marketing|
|Introduction to Transportation|
|Traffic and Transportation Management|
|Transportation Security and Risk|
|Women in International Entrepreneurship|
|Marketing in the European Union|
|Internship in Marketing|
|Seminar in Marketing|
|Independent Study in Marketing|
Undergraduate Business Learning Goals & Objectives
- Students will be able to remember, identify and synthesize core Business Content from the six core business areas within the College of Business.
- Students will be able to identify and explain items related to Decision Making
- Students will be able to synthesize business concepts as it relates to International Business
- Students will be able to demonstrate appropriate business Verbal/Written skills
- Students will be able to demonstrate appropriate business Quantitative knowledge.
- Students will be able to demonstrate concepts related to basic Ethics knowledge.
CORE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Students will be able to understand the definition of marketing, its basic function, and the process of environmental scanning.
- Students will be able to use marketing research to understand consumer decision making and perform analysis of market segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
- Students will be able to explain the process of new product development and concepts of branding equity and strategies.
- Students will be able to discuss integrated marketing communications and various adverting/promotion strategies.
- Student will be able to understand channel distribution structure and coverage, and related pricing strategies.
Sample Four Year Plan
|MATH 1030||3||MATH 1100||3|
|ENGL 1100||3||ECON 1001||3|
|BUS AD 1000||3||INFSYS 2800||3|
|INFSYS 1800||3||EXPLORE - Humanities & Fine Arts||3|
|EXPLORE - Humanities & Fine Arts||3||EXPLORE - Math & Sciences||3|
|MATH 1105||3||ACCTNG 2410||3|
|ACCTNG 2400||3||BUS AD 2900||3|
|ECON 1002||3||SCMA 3301||3|
|CORE - Communication Proficiency||3||EXPLORE - Humanities & Fine Arts||3|
|CORE - US History & Government||3||Cultural Diversity Requirement||3|
|SCMA 3300||3||FINANCE 3500||3|
|MKTG 3700||3||MGMT 3600||3|
|ENGL 3120||3||MKTG Elective||3|
|Non-Business Electives||6||Global Awareness Course||3|
|MKTG 3740||3||MGMT 4219|
& MGMT 4220
|MKTG Elective||6||MKTG 4700||3|
|Global Awareness Course, Non-Business||3||MKTG Elective||6|
|Non-Business Elective||3||Non-Business Elective||3|
|Total Hours: 120|
PLEASE NOTE: This plan is an example of what a four year plan could look like for a typical student. Placement exam scores in math as well as the completion of coursework may change the plan. It should not be used in the place of regular academic advising appointments. All students are encouraged to meet with their advisor. All requirements are subject to change.