The post master’s entry point is designed for graduate-prepared nurses who want to develop the knowledge, skills, and expertise to become clinical scholars, transformational leaders, and function at the highest level of nursing practice while obtaining a terminal degree in nursing practice.
- Admission to the University by completing the UMSL Graduate School application
- Completion of College of Nursing supplemental application
- MSN from a nationally accredited nursing program
- MSN 3.0 GPA
- Current professional licensure
- Completion of an undergraduate general statistics course or Graduate level general statistics course
See the UMSL College of Nursing's website for the application process and specific program deadlines.
|NURSE 7209||Advanced Nursing Roles and the Role of the DNP||3|
|NURSE 7211||Biostatistics I||3|
|NURSE 7220||Leadership in Practice||3|
|NURSE 7240||Health Informatics||3|
|NURSE 7251||Healthcare Economics||3|
|NURSE 7260||Program Evaluation and Quality Management in Healthcare||3|
|NURSE 7291||DNP Capstone I||2|
|NURSE 7292||DNP Capstone II||2|
|NURSE 7293||DNP Capstone III||2|
|NURSE 7443||Healthcare Policy||3|
|Nursing elective (choose one of the following):||3|
|Instructional Strategies in Nursing|
|Healthcare Law and Regulation|
|Social Determinants of Health|
|Introduction to Health Systems Management, and Policy for Underserved|
|State of the Science in Nursing Research and Practice|
Prior to completion of the DNP program, students will complete a clinical scholarship project that satisfies the graduate school requirement.
Integrate informatics, research, and ethical/legal principles to provide excellence in advanced clinical nursing practice.
Translate research to improve healthcare delivery and health outcomes.
- Generate strategies for multidisciplinary leadership through analysis of critical indicators and/or healthcare delivery systems to optimize patient care and safety.
- Demonstrate an understanding of strategies to influence health policy-making to improve health outcomes, shape healthcare delivery, and remove barriers to healthcare.
- Evaluate approaches to practice utilizing both nursing theories and other health system theories.