This minor in Digital Marketing Communications is a 15-hour program designed to provide a focused, intensive study of the applications of digital and social media marketing communications, advertising and branding within organizations. This program serves marketing managers who want to understand a true integrated marketing and communication approach to sales, brand management, promotion, and consumer behavior.
- All minors are 15 credit hours or 5 courses, including business core courses.
- Students must attain a 2.0 grade point average for all courses in the minor.
- Students must attain a minimum grade of C- in each course included in the minor.
- All courses in the minor must be on a graded basis.
- A minimum of 9 credit hours of coursework included in the minor must be taken in residence at UMSL.
- One must complete a baccalaureate degree at UMSL in order for a minor to be conferred.
- A minor may be added for up to two years following completion of the baccalaureate degree
Specific Requirements for the Minor
To obtain this minor, students must successfully complete the following four “core” marketing courses.
|MKTG 3700||Basic Marketing||3|
|MKTG 3720||Management of Promotion||3|
|MKTG 3721||Introduction to Digital Marketing Strategies||3|
|MKTG 3722||Introduction to Social Media Marketing||3|
|Choose one of the following courses:|
|Digital and Social Media Marketing Lab (Internship)|
|Internship in Marketing|