Students must meet all general University of Missouri-St. Louis Graduate School admission and degree requirements.
Students must choose one of the following emphasis areas at the time of application for admission:
- Information Systems Emphasis or
- Computer Science Emphasis
Degree requirements vary depending on the chosen emphasis area.
Applicants must meet the general graduate admission requirements of the Graduate School, described in the UMSL catalog. Students are considered for admission to the graduate program in Cybersecurity only after they have formally applied for admission through the Graduate School. Applications may be completed on-line.
Additional emphasis specific requirements are listed below.
In addition to Graduate School admission requirements, the following requirements apply.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Students whose GPAs are between 2.75 and 2.9 may be admitted under a restricted status within the terms specified by the Graduate School.
Prior to entry, students must demonstrate competence in the following areas (through prior course work or professional experience) or take coursework at UMSL to fulfill the entry requirements.
- Business Statistics (similar to undergraduate course SCMA 3300). Students without a background in statistics could take SCMA 5300 as a graduate student to fulfill this requirement.
- At least one semester of computer programming coursework or application development work experience (similar to undergraduate courses INFSYS 3806 or INFSYS 3844). Students without programming background can take either INFSYS 6805 or INFSYS 6806 as a graduate student to fulfill this requirement.
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is not required for admission. However, it may be used by students when their overall GPA is below 3.0 to strengthen their application.
- International students are required to document English proficiency by providing scores from an internationally accepted standardized examination before a decision is made on admission
Candidates for the M.S. in Cybersecurity with Information Systems Emphasis must complete 30 credit hours of graduate coursework subject to Graduate School requirements.
|INFSYS 6820||Systems and IT Infrastructure||3|
|INFSYS 6836||Management of Data Networks and Security||3|
|INFSYS 6828||Principles of Information Security||3|
|INFSYS 6858||Advanced Cybersecurity Concepts||3|
|INFSYS 6868||Software Assurance||3|
|INFSYS 6878||Management of Information Security||3|
|INFSYS 6847||Project Management||3|
|INFSYS 6888||Capstone in Information Security||3|
|Electives (select 2 from following)||6|
|Cryptography for Computer Security|
|Managing People in Organizations|
|Graduate Internship in Information Systems|
|Individual Research in Information Systems 1|
|Management of Software Testing|
|Seminar in Information Systems 1|
Other electives upon approval of Information Systems department chair
Topic must be approved by Information Systems department chair