- All minors are 15 credit hours or 5 courses, including business core courses.
- Students must attain a 2.0 grade point average for all courses in the minor.
- Students must attain a minimum grade of C- in each course included in the minor.
- All courses in the minor must be on a graded basis.
- A minimum of 9 credit hours of coursework included in the minor must be taken in residence at UMSL.
- One must complete a baccalaureate degree at UMSL in order for a minor to be conferred.
- A minor may be added for up to two years following completion of the baccalaureate degree
Specific Requirements for the Minor
Available to all students except those pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology degree. A minimum of 15 credit hours are required for the minor. Students must complete INFSYS 2800 and four elective courses. At least three of the elective courses must be 3000-level or higher Information Systems and Technology (INFSYS) courses. The fourth course can be any related course from Accounting (ACCTNG), Entrepreneurship (ENT) Finance (FINANCE), International Business (INTL BUS) Management (MGMT), Marketing (MKTG), Supply Chain and Analytics (SCMA), Computer Science (CMP SCI), or a related discipline subject to approval from the department chair.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Analyze challenges confronting the management of information systems.
- Apply ethical, legal, privacy, and compliance perspectives to the design, development, maintenance, and use of information systems.
- Explain the analysis and design of information systems.
- Synthesize data for managerial decisions.
- Demonstrate specialized technical expertise.