- All minors are 15 credit hours or 5 courses, including business core courses.
- Students must attain a 2.0 grade point average for all courses in the minor.
- Students must attain a minimum grade of C- in each course included in the minor.
- All courses in the minor must be on a graded basis.
- A minimum of 9 credit hours of coursework included in the minor must be taken in residence at UMSL.
- One must complete a baccalaureate degree at UMSL in order for a minor to be conferred.
- A minor may be added for up to two years following completion of the baccalaureate degree
Specific Requirements for the Minor
Available to all students except those pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree. Students must complete:
|MGMT 3600||Management and Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT 3611||Advanced Management and Organizational Behavior||3|
|Select any three upper division management and organizational behavior electives.||9|
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate competence in applying management concepts and theories related to motivation, leadership, group process, decision making, job design, and organizational development.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize a diversity-oriented mindset in business decision-making.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply human resource concepts regarding attracting, selecting, developing, motivating, evaluating and retaining employees.