The Bachelor of Educational Studies (BES) is perfect for students excited about education, but looking for challenges outside the traditional classroom. The BES will prepare you for a career as an educator in many agencies. Many institutions emphasize informal learning and many different settings. Employers at these institutions are eager to hire people who have training and relevant experience in education, management, marketing, and technology. This degree is designed to be a creative, flexible, and inter-disciplinary bachelor’s degree that emphasizes practical skills in multiple settings.
General Education Requirements
Students follow the University's General Education Requirements, Mathematical Skills, Advanced Expository Writing, American History and Government, and Cultural Diversity Requirements. Students pursuing the Exercise Science emphasis area must take BIOL 1012 and BIOL 1013.
Foundations (Required Courses)
Emphasis Area Requirements
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Engage their clients while adding diverse perspectives that articulate how difference shapes experience and human identity.
- Apply their unique understanding of social justice by addressing institutional and social barriers that limit access, equity, and achievement.
- Conduct themselves in a respectful and professional manner that views failure as an opportunity to learn, as they effectively work on multiple projects.
- Apply reasoning and critical thinking while making connections between information, data, and arguments to synthesize and interpret information, forming valid conclusions.
- Apply unique leadership, management and communication skills to articulate thoughts/ideas effectively using oral, written, nonverbal, and visual communication skills in a variety of formats and contexts.
- Apply wellness and exercise principles and practices needed in emergency sports and exercise regimens.
- Design unique fitness programs based on the acquired knowledge on safety, nutrition, and wellness, to benefit clients in a diverse fitness industry, including adult exercise programs.