Media Production Undergraduate Certificate
The Certificate in Media Production provides a sequence of courses designed to develop multi-channel and multi-media skill sets that can be used by students to record, edit, and produce media for artistic, personal, or commercial applications. Students will develop a portfolio of work that will reflect both independent and client-centered content. Students who complete the Certificate in Media Production will develop the knowledge and skills needed in a rapidly changing media environment.
The Certificate in Media Production is composed of 18 hours of coursework. Students must complete at least 12 hours at UMSL and earn at least a B in any course applied to the certificate.
|MEDIA ST 2113||Media Production I||3|
|MEDIA ST 2210||Video Production I||3|
|MEDIA ST 3310||Video Production II||3|
|MEDIA ST 3313||Advanced Video Editing||3|
|MEDIA ST 3318||Advanced Independent Video Production||3|
|MEDIA ST 2225||3|
|or MEDIA ST 3113||Media Production II|
Upon completion of the program, certificate earners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of available media technology and its applications.
- Develop a substantial foundation in all aspects of media production.
- Establish and nurture a working application in evolving production techniques.
- Learn to utilize external information design in order to extend experiences in production techniques and standards.
- Become prepared to perform as a production specialist in all areas of media.
- Develop a skill set in Media Production that will certify competence in all levels of pre-production, production, and post-production.