Students seeking the Ed.D. degree are expected to meet the Graduate School’s relevant practitioner doctoral degree requirements and procedures.
|1. Learning Community of Practice Seminars||15-20|
|Learning Community of Practice I|
|Learning Community of Practice II|
|Learning Community of Practice III|
|Learning Community of Practice IV|
|Learning Community of Practice V|
|Learning Community of Practice VI|
|2. Laboratory of Practice|
|EDUC 7889||Laboratory of Practice||3|
|3. Required Common Courses|
|EDUC 7215||Data Analysis for Educational Practitioners||1|
|EDUC 7395||Research Proposal Development for Educational Practitioners||1|
|EDUC 7605||Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Educational Practice||2|
|EDUC 7615||Evaluation of Educational Programs||2|
|EDUC 7625||Building Socially Just and Ethical Educational Communities||2|
|EDUC 7710||Research Methods and Design for Educational Practitioners||3|
|ED REM 7781||Qualitative Methods in Educational Research I||3|
|4. Tools Courses|
|EDUC 7310||Integrating Technology in Learning for Educational||1|
|EDUC 7325||Grant Writing for Educational Practitioners||1|
|Courses in an area of specialization (can include Master’s or Education Specialist work)|
|6. Dissertation in Practice|
|EDUC 7998||Dissertation in Practice Research||8|
Total: minimum 80 hours, post-bacclaureate
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Design solutions to complex problems of practice related to educational practices that are equitable, ethical, and socially just.
- Construct and apply educational practice knowledge to make a positive difference in the lives of individuals, families, organizations, or communities.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and communication skills when working with diverse communities and building partnerships.
- Integrate practical and research knowledge with systemic and systematic inquiry in educational practice.
- Create solutions to problems of practice by generating, transforming, and using professional knowledge and practices related to educational practice.
- Take part in and develop communities of practice highlighting their value and function.
- Implement change in their professional practice and within educational practice organizations using critical reflective practice.