- All minors are 15 credit hours or 5 courses, including business core courses.
- Students must attain a 2.0 grade point average for all courses in the minor.
- Students must attain a minimum grade of C- in each course included in the minor.
- All courses in the minor must be on a graded basis.
- A minimum of 9 credit hours of coursework included in the minor must be taken in residence at UMSL.
- One must complete a baccalaureate degree at UMSL in order for a minor to be conferred.
- A minor may be added for up to two years following completion of the baccalaureate degree
Specific Requirements for the Minor
Available to all students except those pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree. Students must complete:
|MKTG 3700||Principles of Marketing||3|
|Select any four additional upper division marketing electives.||12|
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Students will be able to develop knowledge about the definition of marketing, consumer, and environment.
- Students will be able to identify drivers of consumer behavior and market opportunities and threats.
- Students will be able to interpret marketing research results.
- Students will be able to explain product, price, place, and promotion strategies.